(1) Cathedral College was founded in 1989 by His Lordship Rt. Rev. Frederick D’ Souza (Bishop of Jhansi) and is managed by the Catholic Diocese of Jhansi Education Society.
(2) Cathedral College is primarily established to provide for Catholic children, a sound general education in the medium of English. Hence Catholics are accorded priority in the matter of admission. However, children of other communities are also admitted.
(3) It aims at the holistic development of the child; spiritual, moral, mental, emotional, physical and social and the formation of an upright citizen and a perfect gentleman. Hence the College program is planned in terms of needs arising from such a development. In the Catholics, this education is given a religious basis.
(4) It thus endeavors to contribute to the necessary transformation of the prevailing social conditions. This transformation as understood by it envisages that the principles of social justice, equality of opportunity, genuine freedom and respect for religious and moral values enshrined in the Constitution of India shall prevail and that all live in keeping with their human dignity and self- respect.
(5) It strives to build up the integral formation of the youth. To accomplish this, we endeavor, to create an environment that generates a love for learning, habits of critical thought and accurate expression, and the strength of character and the moral values needed for life that is socially meaningful. Therefore special efforts are made to teach students.
a. To be unselfish in the service of their fellow-being.
b. To become agents of needed social change in their actions.
c. To be clear and firm on principles and courageous in action.
d. To value and judiciously use their freedom.
e. To become mature, spiritually oriented persons of character and to continuously strive for excellence in every field.